Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday, February 4, 2013

The Art of Learning

When I reflect back on my life, I can view vast lands of learning and unlearning. Success and failure are not even visible to my naked eye. All those grades and exams were indeed cornerstones of stress, anxiety and learning. But, The yields of the land are based on the foundation of lifelong learning. 

If I have tell something to young learners today, I will ask them to focus on the desire for learning and unlearning. Exams and assessments are part and parcel of one's learning journey. I have been raised on a crops of examination and have been asked to look at my surroundings comprising of harvests of marks and distinctions. An enigma is created in the mind of an average learner. The learner is perplexed, bamboozled, and petrified. What is it that I am doing wrong?, asks the learner. His surrounding folks remind him of the huge lacuna that engulfs him/her. The learner is reminded of not the learning, but of the yielding of results and medals. 

The learner need to endure all of this. The learner has cull the necessary perseverance to keep on walking in his/her own pace. until the learner can find his/her own niche,

                                                  the learner must continue to walk.

More to follow, on my reflections on learning.

Adan.

No comments: