Followers

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Travel and Books

I have kept myself busy today. I woke up early in the morning and checked my blog. The morning outside the window looked fresh and inviting. I resisted. I couldn't. I took my Merida Crossway 40 outside. 
Glory of the Dawn

I rode all the way to the nearby beach. The morning freshness lured me in its pristine countenance. It was blissful and refreshing. I was alive again. Life needs such refueling every now and then. My bike took me to this stunning setting. I witnessed the dawn of a new day. The picture above illustrates the very life that I acquired today:fresh and anew. The vast blue in the sky and the sea is enough to infuse the much needed zen that one needs after going through the rigors of everyday life. The temperature was pleasant. I felt light and experienced the flight that a bird takes at daybreak. 

We need to travel and how. We need to start walking, riding a bike/cycle or take the rail or the plane. You need to move. Only when the body moves, the mind follows.

If you disagree with my above premise, you should be a bookworm. That is the one path the provides you the free pass to move the mind without moving the body. I travelled to Canadian fish farms, Chinese fish farms courtesy a National Geographic magazine article. I have travelled to the narrow alleys of Sussex and Lancashire. I have travelled to London through the words of Vikram Seth. I have been to the HItler's Germany through the words of Zusak. Literature provides the avenue to travel. The mind moves. 

What have you read today? Or did you actually travel?  

No comments: