Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Meditation on the present

I write this at a time when the allied forces have started to strike missiles and Tomahawks at Libya. I am still ruminating on the loss triggered by the massive earthquake in Japan. Where does perspective find a place amidst this indigestion of peace with chaos. I have been wondering where our personal ambitions go when people are dying in hoards. Where does economic growth grow if it can be washed away by waves of fury?

My art comes to me, as i reconcile with these ruminations. My art leaves quite often to random sojourns. I do not miss it. I suddenly intervene with my ignorance and realize that i too am an artists. A dilemma encapsulates my living surroundings.

This moment seems like a artistic process of creating something from the scrambled imaginings of the artist. The 'unproductive' moments are to be the most heralded for an artist. Sometimes it takes days, years and seconds for the artist to sit down shape his art. Suddenly, out of nowhere, comes the moment where the art starts melting into a product. A product that can be labelled, packaged and marketed for the consumption of a wider consumer.

Let us not judge this process. It has been going on for years now.
Time out...

No comments: