Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 22, 2007

hunger never dies

On the far end of the road there is a figure of a woman walking towards me.The distance never seems to reduce,we are always apart,despite the walking we are doing.I am walking towards her,she is walking towards me,yet i can't touch her or discern who she is.The sky poses a gloomy background for such a script,clouds seem to growl in disgust,there is a commotion amidst the vultures .The prey is elusive,the cheetah in the savannah is still unsuccessful,it always seems to live in hunger...

Meera woke me up from this dreadful dream today.We have known each other for 5 years,married for 2 years.Our days at the university brought us in ignorance of each other.When we first met at the department library we knew each other best,from that day onwards I grew a stranger in front of her eyes,I have no clue about what she feels.Why does she need to talk to other people about our feelings for each other?Most of my preoccupations ponder over this issue.Meera is more sociable than I am,she goes to meet her friends,almost daily.For me keeping in touch with an old friend is an absurdity,Meera does it with fair eloquence.I miss out on talking to her ,about how beautiful she is,how the morning sky acts as a catalyst to a possible romance.

Meera immediately announced her intentions of waking me up.

"Listen,we have to go to shop with the Patel's,I told Veena Patel that we will be spending the day with them and you have taken the day off,don't let me down this time honey."Oh!I felt a terrible urge to run away from my home,from this city.What was happening to our relationship was quite evident to me.My life as a teacher forced me to ask myself,what was i teaching the students? I their teacher,was in a state of self-doubt,could love be limited to a limit?To Meera?Meera went for her usual morning jog in the district park,giving me time to think,about whom?I was hungry,moving towards the kitchen when the doorbell rang with a peculiar tone.

As I opened the door I met a deceitful illusion,it was Sonia.

when someone questions one's will
when life becomes so mundane
I decided,I was hungry still...

5 comments:

mithrandhir said...

brother man!!!! awesome work man, totally !!!!

Chop, grate, batter,mash,diluteanddrain said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chop, grate, batter,mash,diluteanddrain said...

two suffocated alteregos..both stifling each other..who knows that the third brings respite or adds to the claustrophobia

vebhuti said...

read this for the Nth time...love it.brings something new each time i read it, but the boredom, the mundane existence, everything brilliantly done...the decisive turn towards the hunger, the desire again...

Srimac said...

@space
yeah the claustrophobia...it can be so prevelant to add rooms to imagination.....